Another holiday season is upon our heads; get ready to search for gifts, bargains and awesome deals!
Those people who don’t want to walk over on the things; they really want to get in their hands or the promises, they have done to their kids, can shop online on Cyber Monday while sitting in their comfort zone. You will surely find a wide variety of deals on Cyber Monday.
Although, Cyber Monday is considered as the great day to shop and save, but, additionally, it is a day for cyber criminals and hackers too! On this day, cyber criminals and hackers get a chance to abstract the credit cards of shopper and their financial information.
If you really want to shop safely over the Internet on Cyber Monday, then you should follow some of the useful tips as listed below –
- Update your system with latest Softwares and Patches - Prior to Cyber Monday, you need to make sure that your system is updated with all the current spam filters, antivirus softwares and anti spyware software’s. In order to make sure that your system is not in touch with any of the malware and key logger, you should scan your system completely with antivirus software and other tools.
- Secure your Wi-Fi network – As we all know, Cyber Crimes are growing continuously, so this is another important factor that use should consider while shopping on Cyber Monday over the Internet. In order to make sure that your Wireless network is secure, you can choose a long tail router password. A log tail password is always better and helps us to protect our network from hackers. In addition, you can turn on the router’s firewall and can enable the strongest encryption.
- Shop from reputable and trusted web based stores – While buying, you need to be sure that you are buying from a reputable and trusted retailer. If you have find a wide variety of deals on a site, you don’t trust and you haven’t heard about it, it’s better to leave that site and to shop somewhere else. And, if you have any doubt about an online site regarding anything, you can use browser extensions and tools that will help you to let know whether the site is reliable or not. In addition, you should look for those websites that starts with “https” instead of “http”. The alphabet S stands for security means that the site is fully encrypted.
- Don’t click on unknown email links – Well, this is a very common and the oldest method, used by the hackers to execute any online scam. Most hackers send a message in your inbox offering an excellent deal at a known website. At that time, don’t even think to click on the link like a fool. It will link you to the scam website. Instead, if you have any doubt of an email or offer, open that URL in your browser and confirm it from the retailer.
- Shop with credit cards only – This is another tip from “eShield VPN” to you, if you want to save yourself from various cyber crimes on Cyber Monday. You ought to shop with credit cards only as a debit card is directly linked to your bank account. And if you are paying the bills through debit card, a hacker can easily get to know about your financial information. However, Credit card lets you to use the money borrowed by your card holder.